It’s no secret that upon its launch late last year, Battlefield 4’s online multiplayer was just not ready for a release. Many rumours have suggested the game was rushed so it could be a launch game for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Whatever the truth is, the game simply hasn’t been up to scratch.
It has been announced that Battlefield 4 is going to receive a huge update this Autumn that will bring changes to the core game, the DLC, and bugs and issues the game currently has. Several updates have been added to the game in order to help stabilize it since it was released but this is by far the biggest. You can read the highlights of the patch below and check out the entire patch on Battlefield.com
- Fix for a crash that could occur when entering a vehicle or using a gadget.
- • Fix for an issue on the Siege of Shanghai where players could make themselves invincible near Flag A.
- • Various collision fixes and other performance improvements have been made to Dragon’s Teeth maps.
- • High latency indicator tweaked to give players a better idea of when they are experiencing lag.
- Added functionality to be able to shoot when falling (not jumping).
- Permanent fix for gadget exploit where a user could equip gadgets from different classes.
- Jet guns visual recoil has been reduced to 30% of what it was before.
- • Fixed an issue with inaccuracy on the RPG and XM-25 where if after shooting a player very quickly it switches to another weapon then switches back, then the dispersion is large until after the first shot.
- Bullet velocity increases: Improved bullet velocity for Slugs and nearly all suppressed weapons. Selectively improved base velocity for weapons that were too slow for their intended range.
- All automatic pistols: Shortened duration of slide animation during firing animations to prevent slide appearing to not cycle when firing quickly.
- Revive timer has been added. It will show timers on teammates so that the player can choose who to revive.