Mortal Kombat X, according to Mortal Kombat series creator, Ed Boon, has a big announcement headed our way this week. Everybody has their hopes for what the announcement might be, but we’ll find out for certain later this week. Until then, keep hoping that those additions you’ve been wanting are on their way.
BIG (new) MKX news koming this week….. pic.twitter.com/desb2xWbmu
— Ed Boon (@noobde) August 31, 2015
WB has also posted the notes for the latest patch to the game which includes many gameplay fixes detailed below:
- Many move list corrections
- Removed the ability to add extra inputs while doing a normal attack 2in1 cancel which allowed some characters to have the special move cancel only occur on hit / block
- Removed the ability to have some specific input timings on a 2in1 cancel so it could come out on block but not come out on hit on some normal attacks
- Removed the ability to option select execute a special move or throw reversal after block stun while still holding the block button
- Removed the ability to option select execute a wakeup non enhanced special move attack, wakeup throw, or wakeup backdash while still holding down the block button
- Slightly adjusted several characters collision regions while crouch blocking
- Slightly adjusted several characters collision regions while attacking while jumping
- Slightly normalized how far some characters get pushed back on stumble block animations
- Fixed several jump attacks moving backwards slightly on hit
- Fixed several attacks causing an extra frame of recovery when you blocked them ducking
There are also too many miscellaneous character fixes to list here. You can see the full patch notes on WB’s website to find out if you should be happy or sad at the changes made. The patch will be rolling out in the coming days, so don’t be too surprised if isn’t immediately available for you.
Check back here in the coming days to see what exactly is in store for fans of Mortal Kombat X.