What was your first Playstation game?

Discussion in 'Classic PS Discussion' started by Ksquall1, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Ksquall1

Ksquall1 Administrator Staff Member

The first time I played a Playstation console was in 1996. My brother owned the system and I'd sometimes go over to his house to stay a night or two during weekends. While I didn't own my own PSone until years down the road, the very first PS game that I managed to play on the system was Tekken 2. At the time, I remember being impressed by the game's fighters and its overall appearance. Of course, nowadays it seems like a grand difference between current graphics and those of the original PS, but if it wasn't for playing that game and many others, I wouldn't be a PS fan today.

What PS title was the first that you've played?

2. ModernSamuraiJay

ModernSamuraiJay New Member

Can't remember the first one I played but I do remember the first one I bought. It was Jedi Starfighter for the PS2. I was a huge fan of the Star Wars flight sims on PC and Jedi Starfighter seemed right up that same vein. It was an awesome game, not only did you fly around shooting things but you had force powers too! Additionally if you had a friend they could man a turret in your ship while you focused on flying around. Such a fun game, wish we'd see more of that genre nowadays.

Ksquall1 likes this.
  3. Ksquall1

It sounds like a great game, and it is unfortunate that we don't see more of the genre these days. Honestly, I can imagine the possibilities with the advances in graphics even.

4. ModernSamuraiJay

ModernSamuraiJay New Member

Would be a breath of fresh air from all the shooter honestly. So many possibilities!

Ksquall1 likes this.
  5. super_nova17

super_nova17 New Member

The first game I played on the PSOne was a great classic. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. So many good memories from the first two games. Later down the road I would get Tony Hawk's Underground and American Wasteland but that was on Xbox.

Ksquall1 likes this.
  6. Ksquall1

It's interesting that you mentioned that game. In a random conversation recently, I had a bit of nostalgia about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. It really was a great game to play. Like above, it's another one of those games that I wish we'd see more of these days. There aren't many skateboard games.