Guerrilla Cambridge decided to unveil more details regarding Rigs’ abilities on the PlayStation Blog for their big PlayStation VR project RIGS Mechanized Combat League.
In the upcoming game, there will be 24 unique Rigs available, all of which can be equipped with one of six abilities: Carapace, Nuke, Engineer, Vampire, Knockout, and Thief. You can read below the official description of each ability mentioned above:
- The Vampire ability can instantly repair Rigs to full armor when they take down an opponent, and are therefore a suitable choice for those who can take down a lot of Rigs quickly.
- Perhaps you think safety comes first? The Carapace ability has you covered by assuring you are protected from the rear by energy shields. The shields will block all forms of attack except for melee, giving you a chance to rush the Power Slam goal or your opponent’s’ Endzone.
- If getting in close is your style of playing, the Nuke and Knockout abilities are made for you. Nuke Rigs are able to eject and detonate their power core when destroyed, damaging nearby opponents. Knockout Rigs, on the other hand, are useful when defending the Power Slam goal. Their melee attacks disable an opponent’s overdrive and power modes for a short time.
- Engineer Rigs are a perfect match if you want to hang back and support your team from a safe distance. Watch your teammates create mayhem as you heal them and scramble the radars of nearby opponents to make them doubt your location.
- Last but certainly not the least is the Thief ability, which allows Rigs to pick up the Endzone Ball or Power Spheres by shooting them from a distance. Thief Rigs move quickly and are hidden from the radar when in Turbo Mode, making them perfect for flanking attacks.
An official trailer featuring the abilities was also uploaded, which you check out below. RIGS Mechanized Combat League will be available on October 13 on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR.